The most common inspection service is for those clients who are in the process of purchasing a home. Inspect it Like A Woman, LLC’s Buyer’s Inspections adhere to the rigorous Standards of Practice outlined by the American Society of Home Inspectors. The accessible and visible components and systems we inspect include but are not limited to:
- Roofing & Chimney
- Foundation, Basement, & Crawlspace
- Floor, wall, & ceiling structure
- Coverings, flashing, & trim
- Doors, windows, siding, & exteriors
- Grading & surface drainage
- Plumbing systems & fixtures
- Electrical system & paneling
- Heating & cooling system
- Steps, stairways, & railings
- Insulation & ventilation
- Porches, decks, & patios
- Garage & Driveway
- Built-in kitchen appliances
When you are selling a home, don’t put it on the market blindly. The advantage is yours when you hire a professional third party inspector before listing the home. This way you won’t be blindsided with surprises when the buyer brings in their own inspector. Homes that have a Pre-Listing or Seller’s Inspection are more likely to sell quickly at or above your asking price.
Builder’s Warranty Inspection
If you are having a new home constructed, it is common for the Builder to provide a 1 year warranty. Before that warranty expires, have Inspect It Like A Woman conduct an inspection so that if any deficiencies are discovered, you can have the Builder fix them while still under warranty.
4 Point Inspection
Often times insurance companies require a 4 Point Inspection before they will issue or renew an insurance policy on an older home. 4 Point Inspections focus on 4 critical elements of a home: Plumbing, Electrical, HVAC, and Roofing.
Wind Mitigation Inspection
Florida is known for its devastating hurricanes and storms with strong winds. By having a Wind Mitigation Inspection and employing Wind Mitigation measures, you can save a great deal of money on your homeowner’s insurance. Act with due diligence and be prepared for any strong wind events your home may endure.
It is not always obvious when a Wood-Destroying Organism problem is present in a home. The only way to know for sure is to hire a trained professional to complete a WDO Inspection. Don’t wait until pests are threatening the structural integrity of your home to do something about it!
Pools and spas are meant to be enjoyed, and you can’t enjoy them unless you know that they are safe, healthy, and working properly. In our Pool/Spa Inspection we examine the filtration, cleaning, and circulation systems, electrical components, water chemistry, and safety features. With this inspection you will be able to relax and enjoy these leisurely amenities of your home all the more.
After a home has been inspected the first time and issues have been addressed, it is necessary to have us re-inspect the specific problems to make sure that the repairs were executed properly.
With our Infrared Thermal Imaging camera, we are able to investigate signs of moisture, heat loss, or heat gain to provide you with images that illustrate temperature changes invisible to the naked eye. We utilize this tool in necessary situations at no additional charge.
Preparing for a Home Inspection
Home Inspectors cannot move personal belongings for liability reasons. For this reason, please assist us in providing the most thorough and efficient inspection possible by preparing for your home inspection in advance.
- Seller should have water, gas, electricity and all operable pilot lights turned on
- Attic access is clear of stored items
- Crawl space entrances are accessible
- Water heaters are accessible
- Furnaces are accessible
- Sinks, showers, and bathtubs are clear of personal items
- Built-in appliances are free of stored items and accessible
- Electrical panels are unlocked and accessible (Electrical sub-panels inside the home are often painted and removing the cover will mar the finish. The seller’s agent should ask the seller to grant permission to the inspector to remove the panel cover to look for safety issues)
- All areas or items to be inspected are freely accessible
- Pets are secured, or if unsecured removed from any areas of the property to be inspected